This is the first official announcement for tournaments as part of the FIR World Tour 2022. Further announcements with more tournaments will be made over the next few weeks and months.
In these times of continuing uncertainty around travel restrictions, difficulty with confirming venues etc, it is no longer realistic to release all the details of the World Tour in one announcement. So further tournaments will be added to the World Tour as soon as we get their confirmation.
We always set ourselves the target every year of trying to introduce a minimum of two new tournaments in new cities or countries that have never hosted an FIR tournament before – it’s a vital way for us to grow and develop the sport in new areas as well as keeping the Tour fresh and exciting for our players
And so we sincerely hope that the Nick Matthew Steel City Open in Sheffield, UK and the Spanish Open Challenger in Elche/Alicante will finally make their debuts in 2022 (after various covid postponements).
We are also genuinely excited to announce a first-ever Moscow Open Challenger at the Jemchujina Sports Centre where recent Russian national championships have been successfully held. It will be fantastic to see the racketlon community in the Russian capital!
More details and player information on all the 2022 tournaments listed below will be released soon and announcements will be made as soon as their online entries are opened.
Most players now understand that covid-19 related restrictions (particularly on travel) still have the potential to disrupt the FIR World Tour in 2022. So we continue to advise players to make any travel and accommodation bookings with flexible terms and conditions.
With more tournaments still to be announced and with plans for the biggest World Championships we’ve ever staged, we hope the FIR World Tour 2022 will be a truly special one for Racketlon!
Duncan Stahl / FIR President
2022 FIR World Tour – First Announcement
- 18-20 – IWT Finnish Open, Helsinki, Finland
- 4-6 – IWT French Open, Montreuil/Paris
- 18-20 – CHA Spanish Open, Elche/Alicante, Spain
- 8-10 – CHA Nick Matthew Steel City Open, Sheffield, UK
- 23-24 – CHA Moscow Open, Russia
- 24-26 – IWT Swiss Open, Zurich, Switzerland
- 8-10 – IWT Latvian Open, Riga
- 22-24 – IWT London Open, Roehampton
- 5-7 – IWT German Open, Nussloch
- 19-22 – FIR World Championships Juniors & Seniors 2022, Vienna, Austria
- 24-28 – FIR World Championships Elite & Amateurs 2022, Graz, Austria
- 14-15 – CHA Romanian Open, Bucharest
- 28-6 (Nov) – IWT Indian Open & CHA (cities & venues tbc)
- 11-13 – IWT Czech Open, Prague