24 Nations. 48 Players. One Fantasy Racketlon World Cup.
Throughout the month of June, the FIR is running the Fantasy Racketlon World Cup – and you will vote for the champion.
We have taken the highest-ranked male and female players from 24 nations and put them into a Fantasy World Cup bracket. Each day there will be one match running on Facebook, where you will vote for the winner to advance to the next round.
The eight nations with the lowest combined ranking have been seeded and granted a bye through to the second round.
This is the biggest Fantasy tournament so far, with four already having taken place through the last couple of months. Jesper Ratzer was crowned the Men’s Legends Singles Fantasy champion and also teamed up with Kasper Jonsson to win the Men’s Doubles Fantasy title.
The Women’s Legends Singles trophy was lifted by Zuzana Kubanova while Amke Fischer and Nathalie Zeoli teamed up to win the Women’s Doubles crown. The Legends Mixed Doubles tournament will also take place in the coming weeks on the FIR Instagram page.
What are the teams for the Fantasy World Cup?
Here are the teams for the Racketlon Fantasy World Cup. The rankings of the individual players are in brackets:
- Austria : Christine Seehofer  & Emanuel Schopf 
- France : Margaux Randjbar  & Arnaud Genin 
- Great Britain : Isabelle Bramhall  & Dan Busby 
- Switzerland : Nicole Eisler  & Benjamin Graenicher 
- Denmark : Stine Jacobsen  & Morten Jaksland 
- Sweden : Anna-Klara Ahlmer  & Rene Lindberg 
- Czech Republic : Zuzana Severinova  & Michal Horacek 
- Germany : Silke Altmann  & Cornelius Radermacher 
- Finland: Anna Wall  & Luka Penttinen 
- Poland: Katarzyna Myslek  & Rav Rykowski 
- Netherlands: Kirsten Kaptein  & Koen Hageraats 
- Latvia: Viktorija Ratacova  & Arturs Zaicevs 
- Hong Kong: Ho Ching Chan  & Kevin Ho Ching Ng 
- India: Pooja Shah  & Adarsh Vikram Narayanaswamy 
- Belgium: Lieselot de Bleeckere  & Adolphe Fernandez-Diez 
- Canada: Line Bellerose  & Patrick LaPlante 
- Russia: Svetlana Kasilova  & Sergei Seregin 
- USA: Katrin Maldre  & Patrick Moran 
- Hungary: Virag Sakovics  & Gyorgy Janzer 
- Australia: Lisa Hubbard  & Leigh Sands 
- Turkey: Dolunay Soykan  & Ersoy Korer 
- Belarus: Anastasia Bruzgina  & Igor Maksimento 
- Afghanistan: Saghyegh Tabatabaei  & Ahmad Jafari 
- Greece: Nefeli Solomon  & Victor Solomon 
The draw for the tournament is below:
Head over to the FIR Facebook page to get involved, support your Nation and cast your votes.
Sam Barker / FIR Media Officer